- Don’t let Holiday stress win! Use the skills you have developed throughout your quit attempt so you don’t pick up tobacco again.
- Remember: If you do relapse, it doesn’t mean you have lost everything – tomorrow is a new day, and you can ask for help.
- Nibble on low-calorie items like carrot sticks, celery and apples; get a supply of hard candies or chew gum.
- Stretch out your meals. Eat slowly and pause between bites.
- After dinner, instead of a cigarette, try a mint or a cup of tea with honey.
- Take deep breaths and exhale slowly.
- Stay positive. Do a relaxation exercise.
- Go for a walk.
- Picture success.
Talk with a counselor, get free nicotine patches, sign up for text quit tips, and join an online community of quitters at the NH Tobacco Helpline portal: nh.quitlogix.org