- Don’t let Holiday stress win! Use the skills you have developed throughout your quit attempt so you don’t pick up tobacco again.
- Remember: If you do relapse, it doesn’t mean you have lost everything – tomorrow is a new day, and you can ask for help.
- Nibble on low-calorie items like carrot sticks, celery and apples; get a supply of hard candies or chew gum.
- Stretch out your meals. Eat slowly and pause between bites.
- After dinner, instead of a cigarette, try a mint or a cup of tea with honey.
- Take deep breaths and exhale slowly.
- Stay positive. Do a relaxation exercise.
- Go for a walk.
- Picture success.
For FREE Daily Recorded Quit Tips, call: 1-800-9-GET-A-TIP (1-800-943-8284)
Text TIPS to 22122 to sign up for tips to be sent to your phone. Message and data rates may apply.
Sign up to have Customized Quit Tips sent to your mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply.